Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What 8 Weeks Looks Like



Baby is the size of a raspberry, so I've read. From looking at my stomach, you'd think it would be more like an eggplant. (Maybe my pooch is from something else - see yesterday's posting:) I'm having a good morning and I'm thrilled to be feeling this "normal".

Last night as I lay on my new bed - the couch, I was thinking about what women go through during pregnancy. It's remarkable. The books don't talk about it sequentially, they just touch on the bad stuff bits at a time. Here are some that I remember thinking about last night:

  • the pressure to take care of yourself, eat right, etc.
  • feeling like you are always on the verge of throwing up.
  • the never-ending search for things that you can eat and not feel horrid.
  • keeping up with household chores that CAN'T wait until Sam gets home.
  • constipation
  • sore boobs
  • clothes not fitting
  • getting out of breath by walking across the room
  • Acne
  • Restless and itchy legs
  • hating the way you look naked.
  • Not leaving the house because you're too sick.
  • taking care of your toddler's needs

This is just the first trimester. And, I know I won't feel like this the entire pregnancy. But, it's all I can think about and talk about right now. It's consuming. I'm thankful for these woes because the end result will be a precious child. But, I will NEVER do this again. This is it for me.

1 comment:

emsmom said...

Never say never, isn't that what they say. :) I'm sorry you are feeling so crappy!