Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Mom to the Rescue!
Thank goodness for my mom. She is driving here as I type. This morning has been my worst morning so far. Jack has been watching TV all morning long, I finally just got a banana down and hopefully it will stay there.
I read an article on the Internet yesterday about morning sickness. It was fantastic and I'll put the link at the bottom of this post. It was about how isolating and depressing morning sickness can be. How all the pregnancy books have about a paragraph to address eating crackers and bland food, etc. But none discuss the mental job morning sickness does on us.
I have already concluded that I believe my sickness is just as bad now as it was with Jack. The difference this time is; I'm older, have more responsibilities, I've been through it once before, I'm forcing myself to eat and drink (even if it makes me hurl). The upside to this time - I have Jack. Often I've read that having a young one makes it harder (and it is harder at times). Jack is a great distraction. I love watching him play and be creative with his "scenerios" with his cars and toys. It distracts me from how awful I'm feeling - usually.
http://www.pregnancy.org/article.php?sid=698 Morning Sickness Article
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment