My doctor appointment was changed to the afternoon, so I had to take Jack with me. He was well prepared for the outing with books, some toys, coloring books and crayons. In the waiting room, he was just dying for this lady in the waiting room to talk to him. She didn't speak English (as I heard her on her phone). He was doing everything in his power to get her attention. She never reciprocated (what is wrong with people?).
So I drilled it in his head that he has to do exactly what I say and must be quiet when the doctor is talking to and examining me. The first thing I have to do is pee in a cup for them to check my urine. He goes with me and takes a pee as well. He's fascinated by my peeing in a cup. He says,
"Maybe when I go to the doctor next time, I can pee in a cup!"
Then, after being an angel, so good and sitting in his chair after it's all over, he says:
"Mommy, when I'm a big boy and have a baby in my belly, maybe you can come to the doctor with me and sit in the chair quietly." The doctor, nurse and a med student got a big kick out of it. Dr. Peterson told Jack that he could come back anytime he wants to.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment